Race 1 – TURF
- 1 – DECCAN PRINCE – Saez/Maker. Horse has not shown much, but he is bred for turf and cuts back from route to sprint. Top 3.
- 5 – KBCYA LATER – Gaffalione/Sharp. Moves to turf after three dirt attempts to break maiden. I like this rider on turf and this one shows some speed. Top 3
- 7 – STAR ATTITUDE – Castellano/Martin. Second time starter who moves to turf. Hot rider is pretty good.
Race 2 – TURF
- 1 – ROOT CAUSE – Irad/Brown. With the way Irad is riding these days you really can’t go wrong. Horse shows a 44 of 129 work for debut. Use in all wagers.
- 4 – SPUNK – Lezcano/Mott. Second time out. First time out the race was declared a no contest after the outrider held up the race. This one will be ready.
- 7 – CONSEILLANTE – Rosario/Brown. First time starter for Chad Brown is never a bad wager. Exotics.
- 4 – BIG Q – Horse ran on turf last race, now goes back to dirt where this horse has been top 2 last three races. Will no doubt be tight coming from turf. Lean to win.
- 5 – CADEAU DE PAIX – Second off the claim with solid works for return effort. Drops into the lowest level yet. Top 2.
- 7 – MISSING LINK – Drops down from 50K race to this level. Goes turf to dirt and may improve enough to get a piece in this small field.
- 2 – COST BASIS – Hate to take Irad again, but this horse shows superior Beyers and is third off the layoff. Use in all wagers.
- 7 – FIRE SWORD – Ward entry where he hits at 25% adding blinkers. Johnny V is looking for win number 1000, this could be it. Top 2.
- 8 – SWIFTSURE – Second off the claim with an 83 Beyer last out winning by four lengths. Top 3.
Race 5 – TURF
Tough maiden race, especially a sprint.
- 3 – SHE’S STORMY – Castellano/Jerkens. Second time out horse with a 68 Beyer in debut. This horse belonged to Thomas Bush. My stats have Bush horses coming in the money 40% of the time. Using this horse in all wagers. Top 3.
- 5 – LINEAR THINKING – Rosario/Abreu. Second time out horse with a 62 Beyer. Cuts back from 1 1/16 to 5 1/2F after holding for third all the way around in debut. Should be rock solid for stamina at this distance .
- 9 – PARENTS PRIDE – Irad/Joseph Jr. Bred for turf and the outside post is much better than inside posts. Solid turf works for debut. Top 3.
Another very tough maiden race, this on dirt.
- 3 – INTERPOLATE – Klaravich Stables and Chad Brown with an INTO MISCHIEF horse. They fire well the first time out. Top 3, lean to top 2.
- 4 – UPPER CASE – 1 of 65 buller work three back is very enticing. Sire is AMERICAN PHAROAH. Offspring do not often fire well first out, keep an eye on second time out, but use in exotics.
- 8 – CHOCOLATE GELATO – Second time starter with a 75 Beyer in debut for Repole Stables. This one should improve second out and that is going to be formidable against no starters. WIN!
- 10 – FIRING BULLETS – Ironic name for a horse with four buller works coming in, including a 1/49 on July 27. Use in all wagers.
Race 7 – TURF
- 2 – HOME FOR CHRISTMAS – Rosario/Clement. Has performed well at this level. Concern is pace pressure. Top 3.
- 7 – LADY THORNHILL – Davis/Donk. Now, won with this combo before only to have the rider DQ’d. They then came in second for my long shot of the day in another race. Third race of the cycle with a solid 70 Beyer. Drops in class from 95K non winners of 1 to this optional claiming non winners of 2. This one will be closing late. Top 3 only.
- 8 – MY LIPS ARE SEALED – Johnny V/Atras. First off the long layoff, 9/2021. Solid works for return. This one can set pace and close. Try in the top 3.
- 4 – BETSY BLUE – Ultra consistent horse who thrives at this level. Top 2.
- 1 – BRATTLE HOUSE – First off the claim for Mott and drops in class big from 95K to this. Went wire to wire last out and has won the last two races by a combined 13 lengths. Top 2, lean to win.
- 7 – FOREVER DREAMING – Dallas Stewart horse moves to Lukas barn. Horse has 6 consecutive bullet works leading into this race, all on dirt. Interesting, this horse has never run on dirt, career on turf. Hmmm. Why not? Top 3.
Race 9 – MAHONY – 150K – TURF
- 1 – CADAMOSTO – Gaffalione/O’Brien. Great European trainer gets the top turf sprint rider. Shows a bullet work on turf, 1/56 on August 7. Top 3.
- 2 – BIG INVASION – Rosario/Clement. Winner of the QUICK CALL on July 17. This horse does 5 1/2F in 1:00 flat. That smokes everyone in here. WINNER!
- 6 – SURPRISE BOSS – Carmouche/Rohena. Lost to BIG INVASION with ease, but showed some moxy. Won’t have to beat much else here. Top 3 only.
Race 10 – TURF
- 3 – RECKLESS SPIRIT – Saez/Bond. Third race of the form cycle with an 84 Beyer last out coming in second. Monster closer who should have the set up needed. Top 3, lean to top 2.
- 8 – RELATE – Irad/Pletcher. Former Maker horse that broke maiden last out which was first time on turf after four starts on dirt. Did that 6f in 1:08 and won going away. Can’t ignore those numbers. Top 3, lean to top 2.
- 6 – SEAVER – Rodriguez/Hills. This horse goes from route to sprint. The horse did 6f in 1:08 to win. Beyers get better and better with each race. This will be a long shot. Use in all wagers.