A series opener between the Miami Marlins (24-23) and Colorado Rockies (19-28) is on deck Monday at 8:40 PM ET, at Coors Field.
The Marlins (-119 moneyline odds to win) play the Rockies (-100) in an expected tight matchup. The scheduled starters are Edward Cabrera (3-3) for the Miami Marlins, and Chase Anderson for the Colorado Rockies.
The Marlins lost 7-5 to the Giants yesterday, with Jesus Luzardo (five innings, giving up six earned runs on six hits while striking out eight) on the line for the loss. Jorge Soler went 4-for-5 with a home run and three RBI to lead the Marlins offensively in the defeat.
The Rockies fell to the Rangers 13-3 yesterday. Randal Grichuk went 2-for-3 in the defeat, while Connor Seabold took the loss on the mound, pitching 3 2/3 innings, giving up five earned runs on five hits while striking out five.
Here’s what you need to prepare for Monday’s Marlins vs. Rockies game, including viewing options.
Miami Marlins vs. Colorado Rockies Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Monday at 3:24 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Marlins (-119, bet $119 to win $100)
- Underdog: Rockies (-100, bet $100 to win $100)
- Over/under: 11.5
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Marlins Stats and Trends
Marlins Betting Records
- The Marlins have entered the game as favorites 19 times this season and won 11, or 57.9%, of those games.
- Miami is 9-5 this season when entering a game favored by -119 or more on the moneyline.
- The Marlins have a 54.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Miami has gone over the total set by bookmakers in 20 of 46 chances this season.
- The Marlins are 17-29-0 ATS in their 46 games with a spread this season.
Edward Cabrera (Marlins Probable Starter)
- Cabrera gets the start for the Marlins, his 10th of the season. He is 3-3 with a 5.13 ERA and 55 strikeouts through 40 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Wednesday against the Washington Nationals, the righty threw five innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In nine games this season, the 25-year-old has put up a 5.13 ERA and 12.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .225 to opposing hitters.
- Cabrera is trying to pick up his second quality start of the year.
- Cabrera has pitched five or more innings in a game five times this season entering this outing.
- The opposing Rockies offense has a collective .257 batting average, and is 11th in the league with 408 total hits and 14th in MLB play with 208 runs scored. It has the 17th-ranked slugging percentage (.395) and ranks 26th in home runs (37) in all of MLB.
Marlins Batting Stats
- The Marlins rank 23rd in Major League Baseball with 43 home runs.
- The offense for Miami has a slugging percentage of .384 this season, 21st in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 14th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- Miami has scored 164 runs (just 3.5 per game) this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Marlins are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .304.
- Miami is ranked 13th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
Rockies Stats and Trends
Rockies Betting Records
- The Rockies have been chosen as underdogs in 38 games this year and have walked away with the win 16 times (42.1%) in those games.
- This season, Colorado has been victorious 15 times in 37 chances when named as an underdog of at least -100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 50% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over in 20 of its 47 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rockies are 21-26-0 against the spread in their 47 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Chase Anderson (Rockies Probable Starter)
- Anderson (0-0) pitches first for the Rockies to make his second start this season.
- His last appearance was on Wednesday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the righty went five scoreless innings while allowing only one hit.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of just .094 against him this season. He has a .00 ERA and 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings over his three appearances.
- The opposing Marlins offense has the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.384) and ranks 23rd in home runs hit (43) in all of MLB. They have a collective .249 batting average, and are 15th in the league with 392 total hits and 28th in MLB play scoring 164 runs.
Rockies Batting Stats
- The Rockies have hit the fifth-fewest home runs in MLB play this season (37).
- So far this season, Colorado is 17th in the majors, slugging .395.
- The Rockies rank 10th in the majors with a .257 batting average.
- The offense for Colorado is the No. 14 offense in MLB, scoring 4.4 runs per game (208 total runs).
- The Rockies’ .316 on-base percentage is 17th in MLB.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Marlins vs. Rockies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Coors Field
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.