The Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (13-7, 5-4 Horizon) will attempt to build on a three-game road winning streak when they square off against the Northern Kentucky Norse (12-8, 7-2 Horizon) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at BB&T Arena at Northern Kentucky. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. In this article, we analyze the Northern Kentucky vs. Purdue Fort Wayne odds and lines around this contest.
The Norse are a 3-point favorite against the Mastodons when Norse and Mastodons play. The over/under for the game is 130.5.
Northern Kentucky has compiled a 4-14-0 record against the spread this season, while Purdue Fort Wayne is 8-10-0. The Norse are 7-11-0 and the Mastodons are 6-12-0 in terms of hitting the over. The teams average 143 points per game, 12.5 more points than this matchup’s total. Northern Kentucky has a 2-8 record against the spread while going 6-4 overall in the last 10 contests. Purdue Fort Wayne has gone 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall in its last 10 games.
To prepare for this matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Saturday’s college basketball action.
Purdue Fort Wayne at Northern Kentucky odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Northern Kentucky -3
- Total: 130.5
- Moneyline: Northern Kentucky -151, Purdue Fort Wayne +126
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Northern Kentucky vs. Purdue Fort Wayne prediction
Northern Kentucky 69, Purdue Fort Wayne 68
- Northern Kentucky has won 61.5% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (8-5).
- The Norse have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -151 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, Northern Kentucky’s implied win probability is 60.2%.
- Purdue Fort Wayne has won three of the five games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Mastodons have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +126 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 44.2% chance of a victory for Purdue Fort Wayne.
Against the spread
- Northern Kentucky has put together a 4-14-0 record against the spread this season.
- Purdue Fort Wayne is 8-10-0 ATS this year.
- The Norse average just 1.1 more points per game (67.1) than the Mastodons allow (66.0).
- When Northern Kentucky puts up more than 66.0 points, it is 3-4 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- When Purdue Fort Wayne gives up fewer than 67.1 points, it is 4-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- The Mastodons score 11.8 more points per game (75.9) than the Norse allow their opponents to score (64.1).
- Purdue Fort Wayne has put together a 7-7 ATS record and a 13-3 overall record in games it scores more than 64.1 points.
- Northern Kentucky has an ATS record of 4-8 and a 10-4 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 75.9 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The Norse’s average implied point total this season is 2.5 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (69.5 implied points on average compared to 67 implied points in this game).
- This season, Northern Kentucky has put up more than 67 points in seven games.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Mastodons (75.9) is 11.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (64).
- This year, Purdue Fort Wayne has scored more than 64 points in a game 14 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).